01 02 03 Craftmosh: Color Block Butterflies 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Color Block Butterflies

34
Hi all,

Entering the CAS-ual Friday challenge again 'Color Blocks' (or colour blocks in my language :)

http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com/ 

I decided to use my new Spellbinders Les Papillions butterfly dies and Hero Arts Painted Canvas background stamp.    I stamped white Simon Says Stamp heavy cardstock with the background stamp, which I'd inked up with Hero Arts shadow inks in Pale Tomato, Butterbar, Cornflower, Field Greens and Orange Soda to create a rainbow - or color block - look.


I die cut one of the butterflies twice, once from white Simon Says Stamp heavy cardstock and once from the background print (being sure to keep all the tiny offcuts).  I sprayed the white butterfly in Tattered Angels glimmer mist in Dazzling Diamonds to give it a sparkle.  I then pieced the white butterfly into the background negative cut, and added all the insert offcuts to create a letterpress look  (I regretted it about half way through - took forEVER!!).  I finished it off with a 'Thank You' stamp from Hero Arts in Versafine, and adhered the whole thing to more white card with foam tape.


As i had  a left over rainbow butterfly die, i glued this to another piece of SSS white cardstock, which i splattered with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray in 'Down the Rabbit Hole'.  The 'Thanks' is from the same Hero Arts stamp set in Versafine.


That's it for today!  Hope to be back tomorrow with something else!

Jenny
35 36 37 38