01 02 03 Craftmosh: Marshmallow Feathers 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Marshmallow Feathers

34
Hi everyone,

It's the day of the Superbowl so as an englishwoman living in the US i looked for a diversion as American Football isn't really my cup of tea.   Nothing better than getting crafty to take up my time instead.  Today I am playing along with the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.
http://curtaincallchallenge.blogspot.com/ 

Unfortunately I didn't have any stamps remotely resembling a drink so I tried to be a little more creative in my card, and here it is:


I used chocolate brown card stock for the base (not sure what type - probably Bazzill) and Simon Says Stamp Kraft Card Stock layered on top.  I stenciled Color Box pigment ink in Frost White over the background using the Tim Holtz Splatters stencil (to represent coffee cup rings).  For additional 'mess' I flicked it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Moonshadow Mist in Burnished Brass. The blue paper was from a 6x6 pad from Glitz 'Vintage Blue', edge with Walnut Stain distress ink.  


I used the Spellbinders Nestabilities Decorative Labels 8 for the frame - I thought this captured the curve of the cup handle in the inspiration photo!  This was adhered to the kraft card background using foam squares, over True Hemp crafters cord wrapped around the base (really pretty bronze glitter streaked throughout). 


Finally I cut out the Memory Box 'Wild Feathers' from white felt (to represent the marshmallows!) and team them with white enamel dots from kate and co. and a sentiment from Sweet Shoppe chit chat stickers, edged again in Walnut Stain to bring it together. 

Hope you enjoyed!

Jenny
35 36 37 38