01 02 03 Craftmosh: My Two Internet Addictions Become One! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My Two Internet Addictions Become One!

34
I'm very excited about the fact that the awesomely amazing Simon Says Stamp has started doing challenges via Flickr.  I love photography (animals, landscapes, card photos - not so much!) so to see them doing challenges on this site was fab.

I can spend hours surfing Flickr looking at the wonderful talented peopled out there, and getting inspired for my next travel destination.  (So far this year - Sri Lanka, Charleston, Arizona/Utah, coming up - Missouri and Savannah, Georgia).  I absolutely love to travel, so I'm thinking about doing a mini-series of cards, inspired by some of my own travel photos (or even just the places I see around town  - I live in NY).   Hopefully that will be coming in the next few weeks - along with (finally!) video! (ooh-err, nervous.)

On to the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #1!  It was a color challenge with, I have to say, some really awkward (and not that fun) colors.  Taxing! I think they did it on purpose!

Anyway, here are my cards. I had a couple of goes.  I wanted to do a masculine card with these colors (seemed fitting) and used the black as my backdrop.




Any my second go (apologies for the pine needles that fell on the second photo!) :


I used the orangey-red color in both cases as the accent color, and colored embossing paste as the texture/interest.  I was dubious at first but i really like how they turned out.  Particularly the first as i added a streak of gold ferro in the green embossing paste and went with the splatter theme too (thanks to a Tim Holtz stencil).

Hope you liked them, back soon!

Jenny
35 36 37 38