01 02 03 Craftmosh: I Love You 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

I Love You

34
Morning everyone!

It is still absolutely freeeeeezing here in New York.  We've had snow on and off for days and the temperature is set to plummet to below 0 F tonight.  Brrrr.  I am really looking forward to spring I tell you!

Got another card to share using a cool technique that I've seen lots of You Tubers use in mixed media projects, but not so much on cards.   I die cut a Spellbinders Nestabilities heart from a scrap piece of card stock and temporarily adhered it to black card stock (4" x 5.24 ") to create a mask.   I then smushed a Versamark ink pad randomly around the heart mask to create sweeps of sticky ink.


Then the fun part.  I chose several colors of embossing power and randomly sprinkled them over the ink.   The colors you can see above are WOW! Berrylicious, Zing Rouge Opaque, and WOW! Fluorescent Magenta. I tapped off the excess and heated it up.  A word of caution - if you don't use opaque embossing powder, you won't see the color on black card stock.  I recommend testing first. If you look carefully you'll see a couple of dark patches.  These aren't gaps showing the card stock, these are actually WOW! Bay Area Blue embossing powder. It isn't opaque and hence doesn't show up!


It's a really fun technique and the possibilities are endless!  To complete the card, i distressed the edges, popped it up on foam tape on a black card base and added a Simon Says Stamp 'I Love You' sentiment from the Friendship Messages set, embossed in Ranger Liquid Platinum.  I stapled this on using the Tim Holtz tiny attacher.

The card was inspired by this picture for the AAA Cards Challenge which i thought was cool!


Well that's it from me today, have a lovely Valentine's day everyone!  

Jenny

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38