01 02 03 Craftmosh: You Rock! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

You Rock!

34
Hi everyone, happy Thursday - nearly the weekend, hurray!

I've been trying hard to think about better male cards recently.  I did a really funny old man digi the other day which I will try to remember to post if I can find a picture of it.  He's blowing out 1000 candles on a cake which I've inked to look as though the card caught on fire - something i saw courtesy of Amy @ Prairie Paper and Ink and thought was hilarious and super clever. 

Today's card is also a male card - a boy/tween/teen card.  It's an awesome stamp set from Papertrey Ink's Boy Basics line (absolutely love these) called 'Rock On'.



The font is so cool - in the style of the video game Guitar Hero.  I created the background by squidging an acrylic block covered in different shades of distress ink (Barn Door, Fired Brick, Festive Berries) and spritzed with water on some Tim Holtz watercolor card stock. (Each color was done in turn twice and then dried before moving to the next color).


I then stamped the guitar in Versafine over the top, and added some Dylusions spatters in black (this went wrong three times before i managed to get the version you see here!! Black spatters are notoriously messy and uncontrollable :\).  I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and used Ranger fine embossing powder in Silver for some cool shine.  Finally, I couldn't resist adding a little clear Wink of Stella to the guitar for a bit of extra glam rock.

I'm entering this into the Cas-ual Fridays Must Love Watercolor challenge. Because I do!


I also got some exciting, card related news this week which I'll be sharing in due course.  Until then, ta-ta!

Jenny

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38