01 02 03 Craftmosh: Exciting News - AAA Cards Challenge 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Exciting News - AAA Cards Challenge

34
Good morning everyone!

I have exciting news to announce today - the wonderful Design Team at the AAA Cards Challenge have asked me to join them as a member.  Eeeeek!! It will be my first foray into Design Team territory, and it couldn't be with a more talented bunch of lovely ladies.

If you aren't familiar with the AAA Cards Challenge, I highly recommend going and checking it out.  It is CAS focused, and a new inspiration word/photo is posted every couple of weeks.   Also check out the Design Team's blogs, you'll see some amazing cards.

This weeks challenge is 'Rain' (still a lot of snow here sadly!!) with a watercolor focus.


My card is below.  I used the Hero Arts Background stamp in Fresh Cut Raindrops which I stamped in Versamark ink and then embossed in Judikins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder for some shimmer.   

I then used Distress Inks for watercoloring  in Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade.  


I really love the look of Distress Inks in watercoloring. They mix so wonderfully - check out the pretty purple and green colors where the colors overlap :)    I pooled up the paint more at the top of the card so that it ran and faded out (adding extra water) towards the bottom of the card, for a softer look.

The background was cut out using a Stitched Rectangle die from Lil Inkers and popped up on foam tape onto a Neenah Desert Storm card base.

For the sentiment, I used PaperTrey Ink's Wet Paint Cuts Die Collection (this includes five words - Happy, used here, as well as Thanks, Hello, Enjoy and Love).  I stacked five cuts on top of each other in Neenah 85lb Solar White except the bottom cut which was a pale blue card (not sure which!)



Finally the 'You' was a Tim Holtz sticker, and the 'Make Me' was from the "You' Simon Says Stamp stamp set, in Versafine.  I finished it off with some more "rain" using Glossy Accents which I think looks so pretty just on its own!


I hope you enjoyed the card, please go check out AAA Cards and enter - we love to see what everyone comes up with !!


Have a wonderful weekend.

Jenny

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38