01 02 03 Craftmosh: Nuts About You 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Nuts About You

34
Happy Weekend Everyone!

I've had a super busy week this week, been trying to finish painting my stepson Hank's bedroom in the new house in amongst all the going to work and sleeping I have to do!  (Note to all, never let a 4 year old boy choose their bedroom colours - he chose dark brown and orange - yuck!!)

It's time for Game 41 over at the AAA Cards Challenge blog - this week the theme is Woodland Animals!!  So much cuteness to choose from in my stamp stash for once!  In the end I went for less is more (this is a CAS challenge after all) and die cut my woodland from real wood paper using the Simon Says Stamp Woodland Tree die.  I toyed with coloring the leaves and buds but decided to leave it au natural (as nature intended! :))



For the background I swirled some watercolor paints in purples and blues on a wet piece of Tim Holtz watercolor paper, and after drying, adhered the tree using my Zig glue pen.   The whole piece was die cut using the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles die.


For my woodland animal I chose a squirrel from the Mama Elephant Tree Friends set you've seen me use previously (WISH they'd bring out matching dies for that set so badddd).  My other woodland animal sets  made the animals look huge in comparison to the tree, so I stamped the squirrel as a silhouette in onyx black Versafine ink.  The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp set Giving Thanks stamped in Versamark and embossed in Ranger Fine Gold embossing powder.   The whole card was popped up on 3M foam tape on a card base made from Neenah Desert Storm cardstock.




That's it' for today!  Please join us over at AAA Cards Challenge - we're really looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Jenny



Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38