01 02 03 Craftmosh: Hi Summer (and Hello Sunshine) - Simon August Cardkit 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Hi Summer (and Hello Sunshine) - Simon August Cardkit

34
Hi All, 

Swinging by to show you not one but two cards today!  I've been busy trying to 'kill a kit' (aka use all of a kit up) with the August 2015 Simon Says Stamp card kit.  I love this kit - it's so versatile, and with the inclusion of foam squares, a die and a gel pen, you have almost everything you need (short of a trimmer and scoreboard) to make a card (or ten) completely.   I've made four so far (one of them is in the AAA Card Challenge currently running) and still have plenty of supplies left.   

Onto the cards themselves.  The first one really pulls on the card kit's summery theme, and is a shaker card to boot.  I trimmed down the Ivory cardstock to 8.5" x 5.5", scored width ways at 4.25" for a top folding landscape card, and adhered the beautiful starburst patterned paper in the kit (Simple Stories - 'Summer Vibes') in just the right position to capture the starburst behind what will be my shaker window.

I die cut some of the Imperial Red shimmer card stock in the kit using the Mama Elephant Sew Fancy die, and then die cut again with the new Winnie and Walter In a word cutaway 'Hi' (AWESOME die).  


I then cut up the the Avery Elle stamp pocket included in the kit and adhered behind the Hi die-cut with Ranger multi-medium matte (strong, no visible leakage!) making sure to replace the piece of the die between the H and the I.  I then surrounded the Hi on the back with the Best Creation foam squares that came in the kit, ensuring no gaps (don't want the bits in the shaker to escape).  I sprinkled in some of the Martha Stewart Magic Fairy Dust (awww) and backed it onto my base card.


To finish I added some of the October Afternoon Summertime pillow puffs cloud stickers and the 'summer' greeting from the kit.  (If you notice, i adhered the cloud on the right over the i as i thought it looked like a sun :D

For my next card, I decided to go a little more subtle.  I trimmed the SSS smoke cardstock to 11" x 4.5" and scored at 5.5" for a top folding card.  I embossed the lower half with Dazzlerz embossing paste in Sour Apple (it is SO shimmery I need more of this stuff) using the SSS Medium Dots Stencil (not included in the kit).   Simon - please get some of this in your store :D.


While the paste was drying, I die cut a scrap of Neenah Solar White 80b card using a medium sized My Favorite Things pierced tag die and stamped the 'Sunnier Days Ahead' (love this sentiment) from the Flip Flop Season stamp set in the kit, using different complementary colors of ink from the new SSS Color of Fun release (Scuba, Catkin, Jellybean, Cloudy Sky and Spring Rain) over the tag, added some scraps of ribbon from my stash and popped it up on the foam squares from the kit once the paste was dry.


I stamped the hello sentiment in Blue Jay SSS dye ink from the SSS Sending Happy Thoughts stamp set (an older, brilliant set), punched it out using a circle punch and popped it up on foam square on the tag. I die cut the 'sunshine' word die from Tropical Bay shimmer card stock (both in kit) and adhered.  To  finish I adhered some Pretty Pink Posh sequins in Marshmallow 4mm and 6mm flat.

I think you'll agree, two completely different looks from the same kit!!  Supplies I used are linked below (where available at Simon Says Stamp).

I'm also entering these into the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge. Be sure to check it out!

Hope you enjoyed, happy crafting!

Jenny

Disclaimer: Please note that I get a small commission if you follow my links below when purchasing any of these. 


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38