01 02 03 Craftmosh: AAA Cards Challenge - New Technique 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

AAA Cards Challenge - New Technique

34
Hi Everyone

Time for a new game at AAA Cards Challenge. This is a really fun one - we want you to use a New (to you) Technique!! There is $20 to spend courtesy of our kind sponsor Stampendous for the winner! 

I had to search the internet and youtube a little (and go back to some online card classes) to find a technique I've not done before.  There are actually a fair few, but for my card today I decided to go with Shadow Stamping (aka ghost Stamping).  This technique typically uses layering stamps and the first layer stamped is in white ink.   You then stamp the remaining layer(s) in complementary colors for the image. 

Today I used The Ton's Fresh Cut Dahlias.  OMG I love this stamp so much - so much detail. I decided to use Neenah Desert Storm cardstock and stamped the first layer of the Dahlias in Hero Arts White Unicorn pigment ink. The following two layers I stamped in Simon Says Stamp Twirling Tutu And Hero Arts Raspberry Jam Shadow Ink


For the sentiment I used the Thanks included in the same set, and stamped with Versamark ink.  I then heat embossed using Simon Says Stamp Rose Gold embossing powder.  It's so pretty - one way it looks gold, another way rose.  Beautiful.  I think the Ton also recently brought out Rose Gold embossing powder so I think I may have to get it :D  I backed the piece onto Neenah 110lb card base.


I really enjoyed making this card - getting to use a new technique, and also properly using layering stamps, although I own a few, I rarely use all the layers! I will be doing it again in the future for sure.


Please join us at AAA Cards this week, and check out the inspiration from the rest of the DT.  We can't wait to see what new techniques you showcase - inspire us!!

Jenny

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38