Sunday, 5 March 2017

AAA Cards Challenge - Oscars Red Carpet

Hi everyone

We have a really cool challenge for you over at AAA Cards this week - Oscars Red Carpet! We want you to create a card inspired by a male or female Oscars fashion from any year.  This week's challenge is sponsored by Happy Little Stampers and there is $15 to spend with them up for grabs for the winner.  We are also joined this week by Hazel as our Guest Designer who has come up with a beautiful card, make sure you check it out and leave her some love.

For my card this week I went super simple -  I wanted to use the sentiment die from The Ton stamps 'Fabulous' - isn't that what they always tell the celebs on the red carpet?!  I started out with a Neenah Solar White 85lb card base and used some gold Nuvo embossing mousse and a dots Tim Holtz stencil to create some glitz and texture.






































I then die cut the sentiment from black card stock 5 times and adhered them together. I added Versamark ink along the bottom and embossed with Wow bonding powder and then dunked it into pink Glitter Ritz glitter and tapped off the excess. I then covered the whole word in versamark again and coated it in clear embossing powder and adhered it to the card.  I created the addition piece of the sentiment with my Dymo label maker and scattered some Pretty Pink Posh sequins in Sparkling Clear for extra bling!!





































Make sure you play along - so much inspiration and such a fun challenge.  Remember to keep it clean and simple.



Have a great week!

Jenny






7 comments:

  1. Your card is fabulous and glam just like the red carpet! Would love to know which outfit inspired it or is it just a general comment about all the incredible dresses the super stars show off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classy, stunning and simply FAB!! Love how you have done the Fabulous too... Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fabulous, and screams glam! I love that mousse - it adds fabulous sparkle and shine anywhere is goes. I LOVE the way you condtructed "fabulous" and the addition of the Dymo lable is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this certainly is one fabulous design and a brilliant take on the challenge. I'm swooning over your glittery word die and the BG works a treat yet still superbly CAS. Great idea Jen! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeously CAS Jen, and love that glittery sentiment and dynamic colour scheme. Thanks so much for having me GD with you this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, your card is such a fabulous example for a CAS-style! With gold and glitter and this sentiment in addition it matches perfect to most of the VIPs on the red carpet!
    Greetings from Wiebke (KomMa-designed)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this! I love the sentiment and the gold embossing paste in the background. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...